Monday, October 31, 2011

And A Petrichor Revisit

I did have a post pre-written in Word but my computer went crazy and ate it. x:
I really wanted to blog the Dura/Lantern Evoultion hunt but I don't think I have time. x: Basically grab all your mens and go find the pumpkins. It's a pretty easy hunt but as a hint: remember to check outside too.
This post is a lot of words and not enough pictures. :/


(If you crop your antlers too much, they will look like antennae.)
This is a quick revisit to Petrichor, who I blogged last month. I thought I'd change up the face because this one is pretty and it suits these skins better than Tricketts do. I think there are other hunt skins available but I forgot to check in before I went into photo-mode. x:
The eyes on the top line are from the R1C3 lucky board. They're shiney-pretty and they're actually melons. (x
The grey eyes are from Chuus. Once again, another store I blogged. Originally T&P they have rebranded to Chuus. The creator is very generous with her subscriber and there is a lucky board in store.
For some reason these gifts are lacking teeth and tongues. x: If I get the time/courage I'll drop the creator a NC incase she messed up a base because all her other skins have been fine. It's not something you will notice unless you use emotion HUDs or animate when voice chatting. x:

And finally, incase you were unaware, somehow...
All the hair in this and the last two posts is from Elikatira. Today is the last day for the 70% off sale. I love Elikatira not just because of her beautiful sculpts but also because she offers an essentials pack containging one or two tones of all the "natural" colours. You can buy this pack for 75L. I think the regular packs and shoes are 55L and fatpacks are 360L. I'm somewhat terrified she's going to relrelease everything in mesh but I bought a lot anyway. x:
If you're going to do this last minute my advise would be:
1. Buy demos from X-Street. (Although that has taken over an hour to deliver to me previusly.) Try on and select favourite ones.
2. Down-prim. Take off all the prims you can. No jewellery, clothing attachments, I even think this may call for shoes-ditching. Wear your shortest hair with as few flexis/alphas as possible or even just a tattoo base.
3. Turn on minimap.
4. Teleport and MOVE AWAY FROM THE LANDING ZONE. Doesn't matter which direction, just go. o: The minimap will help you manouver through the people. :3
5. If you end up outside the windows like a pretty little creep and can't rez the vendors (that's what I did :D), there are pose stands you can use to teleport into the store.
6. I recommend Ctrl+Alt+Shift+4. x: It hides all the avatars so the game won't try to load those. You can't however walk using it so toggle it again to move. x: Type it again to reactivate avatars. (If it doesn't do anything, make sure you have advanced/develop menus open first by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D.)
7. Buy hair and run. o:

And I think that's everything. Happy Hallowe'en. :D
Next week is "attampt something productive with a photoshopping programme" month, so you don't have to spend weeks camping for Lindens and can be some sort of creative asset to Second Life and not a mooch. x:

tl;dr

First Skin // Petrichor // Bootiful Disaster Hunt
Second Skin // Petrichor // The Unknown Hunt: One (1L)
Third Skin // Petrichor // Charm Potion Hunt
Melon Eyes // R1C3 // Lucky Board
Grey Eyes // Chuus // Subscriebr Gift
And don't forget last day of Elikatira sale. o:

No comments: