Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Playing Dress Up

One of the things I've enjoyed most about blogging the Accessory Fair, was how much fun it was to play dress up with all of the gorgeous pieces. Each set required an entirely different look or persona. And no designer's work inspired more divergent characterization than Donna Flora.



Necklace - Donna Flora IRENE silver necklace

Each of the Donna Flora jewelry sets contain so much personality. It's as if she's already envisioned the woman who will wear her designs. And yet, they're still versatile enough to go from formal to casual, without skipping a beat.



Jewelry Set - Donna Flora MISS-G black set
Luggage - [[SHADE THRONE]] ST SUITCASE (mid/brand new)


Another wonderful bit of fantasy I found at the Accessory Fair was the luggage set from Shade Throne. In RL, I have a deep passion for luxurious luggage and handbags (not that my broke ass could ever afford 'em :P). I once had an ad for Louis Vuitton steamer trunks pinned on the wall the way a sane person might pin a centerfold. The Shade Throne set reminds me so much of what I wish I could have in RL. The pieces are wonderfully crafted and there are options for size, pattern, and weathering. Ugh, even in SL, I want to curl up inside the fabulousness.



Jewelry Set - Donna Flora NY SPRING set

This final set from Donna Flora even comes with a HUD that lets you change the color and texture on all of the gems. You have lots of control and can create countless combinations. Plus, pretty! :D

No comments: