Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogger Challenge, and some clothes.

This morning I told Narita that I needed a hyper modern place to take pictures, we eventually got to a place where we decided that The Kubrick Rooms was the place I was looking for. Now, I initially intended to do something hugely different with this post, but after meeting the owner of The Kubrick Rooms, I'm going somewhere different.



Now, I get a lot of flack from my haters about the fact that I don't 'photoshop' my pictures on the blog. I do occasionally, to super impose images onto one another, but other than that I take the picture, edge it and post it. I like taking my pictures in world because, that is where you are wearing these clothes, in world. As nice as they look on some photoshopped backdrop, it seems inauthentic to me. On top of that, there are SO many amazing locations to take pictures in Second Life, it baffles me as to why anyone wouldn't want to take their pictures on location.


That brings me to my point. We always cry out for you to support the creators, and you should! I am in total support of that, of course. I do more than my fair share of creator support myself ;d But, it seems to me that these fantastic locations get over looked far too often. They are the backdrops, the places we hang out, we take amazing pictures, and go on our merry way.

Unfortunately, Linden Labs doesn't reward creativity in world with free land, these land owners need to make tier too. Starting Monday and through out the week, we at Love/Hate are going to be featuring great spots on the grid that deserve your love and attention, hopefully some of you other bloggers up there will rally for the cause as well, cause where would we all be without pretty places to hang out?


So to get more in depth here, The Kubrick Rooms sounds exactly like what it is. The charming Rumpledink Robbiani recreates rooms from famous Stanley Kubrick movies, and how can you go wrong with that? From the War Room in Dr. Strangelove, to the bathroom from The Shining. This place is really well built, a great place to explore, recreate your favorite scenes, or take pictures. Another thing that really makes me squeal, is that he's also recreated the cabin from The Evil Dead, which makes me drone deeeeead by dawwwwwn. You can *never* go wrong with Bruce Campbell. To top it all off, he has a movie theatre! Right now it's showing Tod Browning's Freaks



He just recently finished the hallway from The Shining as well. He also has a shop, as well as a mini shop in the 2001 A Space Oddyssey room, which has a couple of free gifts, a Droog outfit, and a Milk Bar Girl avatar. I urge you to make a donation to your favorite sims, because they deserve and need support just like everyone else providing a worthwhile service on the grid, tier is no small fee unfortunately :(


6 comments:

Ember Adored said...

Count me in, I'm all for in world photo's. OK well I don't have photo shop but really. so many surreal landscapes here. only way to go for me.
Hugs
Ember,xo

Salvia said...

Good idea! About half the time I do my photos in-world, but I always feel a little weird about it since most of the fashion bloggers shoot in front of a "green screen" and Photoshop the heck out of them. I actually prefer to take pictures on location because the locations are usually the most interesting part!

Chic Aeon said...

Honestly? I want to see what the clothes look like, not the Photoshop skills of the photographers *wink*.

Hence my photos are always in world with the same (dull) white border and shadow. It isn't laziness. It's consistency and the designers who we are showcasing seem to like the idea that you can see what the clothes look like. Smiling here as that seems pretty obvious.

And yes, at least half of the fun for me is finding the right location for the shoot. Just like in RL.I love creativity, but I'd rather see it on Flickr, not the feeds.

So gold stars to you for "reality" within our "virtual reality".

Cheers.

Wrenja said...

oh don't mistake my words as some kind of trashing on other posting styles, everyone serves their purpose, I was just explaining why I photograph the way I do.

The photoshop skills of a lot of bloggers are more than impressive, and I'm totally appreciative of the bloggers who go for a simple white or other colored background, I love minimalism. I understand why people make the choices they do.

I just feel like some attention should be called to these fantastic spots, because so many are shutting down, between the economy, the sim pricing bumps, and just lack of knowledge or forgetfulness, they need help too.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this! I always say that, and that's also why I don't photoshop my pictures. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a skin on a blog and thought "Wow... that is so pretty! I have to go get it!" and then when I finally do, it looks nothing like the way I saw it! It just seems like false advertisement to me.

Chic Aeon said...

Wrenja -

One good bit of news in the lovely venue department as that the mini sim price hike isn't happening. That will help some folks.

And yes the great spots do disappear. The nature of our world I'm afraid. Sometimes the builders simply take them down and start over. I'm sure they will be happy for any publicity you can give them. :D

Good luck!